We may amend this policy from time to time by updating this page. Therefore, we suggest you check this page occasionally to ensure you are aware of and are happy with any amendments.
What information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected from you in various ways, for example:
1. Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving our site). This information is also collected through cookies
2. We use the Discord oAuth for registrations/logins so that the usernames on our website is same as your Discord name. We collect your Discord username, email address and your Discord user id.
3. We collect your VTlog ID and the data related to the jobs you do. This includes your current location in the game, destination, truck used and finances.
How is the information used?
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
1. For statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our products and services.
2. Internal record keeping, and administrative purposes, and to inform you about our events, services or products, or other related information that we think would be of interest to you.
3. Data from VTLog is used to provide a personal as well as overall statistics of the VTC. None of the data collected from VTlog is shared with any external source.
Your information will not be disclosed to any third party unless you have given your consent to such disclosure.
If you would like us to destroy information we hold about you, please let us know. However, please note that if you use any of our services which require you to provide personal information, deleting our records may mean that you will need to resubmit it to continue using such services.
Cookies and Log Files
Cookies are text files stored on your computer, and accessible only to the websites which create them.
Our systems automatically gather some anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behavior, and to administer the site.
The internet is not a secure medium. However we take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us, and our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of information by us.